There are 12 main parks in Harrisonburg City along with several other properties that are maintained by the Harrisonburg Parks and Recreation. These parks offer several natural surface trails, athletic fields, picnic shelters, playgrounds, basketball courts, and many other amenities.
View our Harrisonburg Parks and Recreation Facilities Guide [3KB] for more information about our recreation facilities.
Update - June 15, 2020: The City’s Reopening Committee is currently discussing a timeline for reopening City facilities. Currently only Westover Pool is open for lap swimming only, and Heritage Oaks Golf Course is open for scheduled tee times. Activities at these facilities will return when we know we can safely do so, with the health and wellness of our visitors and staff being our priority. We hope to begin reopening some facilities in the coming days with restrictions in place at first.
All City of Harrisonburg playgrounds are closed as part of our response to limiting the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Open green spaces and walking trails where patrons can practice safe social distancing methods are still open at this time. Visit the City's Coronavirus COVID-19 page for additional information on the City's approach.
- Except as otherwise* noted city parks shall be open from 8:00am-9:00pm, seven days a week beginning the second Monday of March (after the start of Daylight Savings Time DST.)
- Except as otherwise* noted city parks shall be open from 8:00am-5:00pm, seven days a week beginning the last business day prior to the end of DST.
- *Denton Park will be open week-days from 8:00am-5:00pm.
- *Riven Rock Park will be open April 16-October 31 and closes at 9:00pm.
- It is unlawful for a person to enter or remain in a public park without a Facility Use Permit when a public park is closed or when the person is barred or trespassed from being present in a public park.
List of Parks:
- A Dream Come True Playground
- Bluestone Trail
- Denton Park
- Dog Park (Smithland Road)
- Eastover Tennis Courts
- Heritage Oaks Golf Course
- Hillandale Park
- Kiwanis Park
- Liberty Park
- Morrison Park
- Purcell Park
- Ralph Sampson Park
- Ramblewood Athletic Complex
- Riven Rock Park
- Rocktown Trails
- Smithland Road Soccer Complex
- Welcome Home Garden
- Westover Park
- Westover Skate Park