This page offers helpful voting resources.
For additional information or for questions, residents can call the Registrar's office at 540-432-7707.
The City of Harrisonburg is having a June 8, 2021 Democratic Primary Election for Governor, Lt. Governor and Attorney General. The Republican party has chosen to nominate their statewide candidates by convention.
Currently, the City also has potential for a Republican or Democratic primary for the 26th House of Delegate Seat, City of Harrisonburg Treasurer, and City of Harrisonburg Commissioner of Revenue. Tuesday, June 8, 2021 is the filing deadline for independent candidates wishing to be on the city ballot for November. Early voting for the June Primary will begin on Friday, April 23, 2021. The deadline to register to vote in the June Primary is May 17, 2021 at 5:00pm. If you are already registered, you do NOT need to re-register to vote in the primary. If you have moved, or changed your name, you must update your registration by May 17, 2021.
- Next Election Day: June 8, 2021 Primary
- Calendars and Election Schedules
- View Results from Previous Elections
- What If I've Moved
- Restoration of Rights
- Military and Overseas
- Voter Registration Drives
- Voters with Special Needs
- Information for College Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Place an Issue on the Ballot
- Become a Candidate
- City of Harrisonburg Federal, State & Local Elected Offices Information [382KB]
- Officer of Election Flyer: [161KB]
- Become an Officer of Election