Harrisonburg Tennis Patrons (HTP)
HTP is a membership organization that offers pickup play, outdoors and indoors. They also have a yearly tournament in the city in late June. For more information on HTP visit www.htp.usta.com.
Where are the tennis courts in the city parks?
Why Play Tennis?
- Tennis is fun – Take a lesson from your childhood, when exercise meant meeting friends, playing, running, laughing, and hitting a rubber ball.
- Tennis is the sport of a lifetime – the USTA Annual holds National Championships for players aged from 12 to 90 years old by gender and age division.
- Tennis will make your body stronger – tennis builds "core strength" for use in other sports and has the capacity to burn 493 calories per hour (on average).
- Tennis is a good social outlet and good for your career – There are fewer better or easier ways to meet new people or get to know someone than by trading forehands or matching strategic wits on the tennis court.
- Tennis play promotes a healthy heart – The Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, ranked #1 in America for heart care, calls tennis an ideal sport for a healthy heart.