August 7, 2021
Splash and Dash is a fun and fast-growing sport that combines running and swimming. The run portion takes place on a combination of trail, road, and path. The swim portion takes place in Westover Pool. The focus is on participation and completion rather than competition, while exposing participants to the exciting world of multisport events without the added experience and expense that biking requires.
- Registration opens June 1.
- Register June 1-30: $30/participant (fee includes event t-shirt)
- Register July 1-31: $40/participant (fee includes event t-shirt, register early to guarantee size)
*There is a firm deadline of July 31, 2021 or if we reach our maximum of 100 participants prior to this date.
- Ages 5-7: Swim 25 meters / Run 0.5 miles
- Ages 8-10: Swim 50 meters / Run 0.5 miles
- Ages 11-14: Swim 100 meters / Run 1 mile
- Parent/Child: Swim 50 meters / Run 0.5 miles
- 7:30am-8:45am: Check-in for all ages
- 9:00am: Event will begin with the oldest age division (ages 11-14). The remaining age groups will follow. Exact start time is dependent on registration numbers.
- TBD: Parent/Child Challenge – will conclude after all age heats have been completed. Exact start time is dependent on registration numbers.
*This final portion of the event will be a short parent/guardian and child challenge with both adult (must be 18+) and child completing a 50-meter swim followed by a 0.5-mile run. This will be a fun finale and free to any registered participant. Households with multiple children participating are more than welcome, accommodations will be made.
For additional information contact Erik Dart at 540-433-9168 or Erik.Dart@harrisonburgva.gov.