|View full size card.|
City of Harrisonburg offices will be closed Thursday, December 24, 2020 - Friday, December 25, 2020 in observance of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
City offices will reopen Monday, December 28, 2020 at 8:00am.
Refuse for Thursday, December 24 will be collected on Wednesday, December 23.
Refuse for Friday, December 25 will be collected on Monday, December 28.
The Recycling Convenience Center and Mobile Unit will be closed Thursday, December 24, Friday, December 25, and Saturday, December 26.
There will be no bus service on Christmas Day.
The City of Harrisonburg wishes you a safe and happy holiday season!
Holidays and COVID-19:
As many people begin to plan for fall and winter holiday celebrations, CDC offers the following considerations to help protect individuals and their families, friends, and communities from COVID-19.
- Christmas is a traditional time to get together with relatives and friends they have not seen for a while. However, travel and close contact with others increases your risk of getting or spreading COVID-19. Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others. If you must travel, be informed of the risks involved.
- Winter Holidays - Safety information from the CDC
- Social Gatherings and Public Indoor Spaces Guidance from the Virginia Department of Health
- Consider fun holiday alternatives that pose lower risk of spreading the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Considere alternativas divertidas para las fiestas que supongan un menor riesgo de propagación del virus que provoca la COVID-19.
- احرص على توفير بدائل العطلات السعيدة التي تشكل خطرًا أقل يتمثل في الإصابة بالفيروس المسبب لمرض كوفيد- 19 وانتشاره.
Taking a holiday vacation? See the Vacation Safety Tips from HPD.
Annual tree collection in Harrisonburg takes place in January (January 4-8, 2021). Please place your tree at the curb for collection.